St Peters – Preston Park
Our free family creative activities start tomorrow Thursday 31st May 11-4pm!
We are pleased to have been commissioned by St Peters- Preston Park to deliver a series of six free creative workshops at the church and in their grounds between May-September 2018.
The workshops are a key part of the HLF-funded Project Restoring the Chancel: Highlighting the 20th Century History of St Peter’s, Preston Park to engage local people around St Peter’s to:
- Visit the church for the first time.
- See the church as an enjoyable place to spend time.
- Look afresh at the church and particularly the stencilling in the chancel.
- Find out more about St Peter’s and the history of the surrounding Preston Village area.
- Find out more about the practice and history of the art of stencilling.
We’ll be delivering free creative families drop-in workshops (printing, mosaic, brass rubbing, and stained glass making) at St Peter’s on the following dates:
31st May, 24th June (Preston Village Day), 14th July, 31st July, 16th Aug, 8th September
. Each workshop will run from 11-4pm.
All the event dates and further information are over on our Facebook page so you can pop them in your diary. Come join us!
Join Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage in the market square at Brighton’s Open Market – Free Half Term Diwali Celebrations this October (part of Nutkhut’s Dr Blighty project).
Drop in activities, no need to book!
10am-4pm Friday 28th October
Come along and join in the Diwali festival of light celebration fun over Brighton and Hove half term week with free workshops – artists, food, Kathak and Bollywood dance and more.
Diwali is a Hindu festival with lights, held in the period from October to November.
It is particularly associated with Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity, and marks the beginning of the financial year in India.
Free workshops and activities run by professional artists include:
* Make colourful Kandil lanterns
* Make clay diya lights
* Create Diwali character puppets
* Listen to Indian music
* Watch a Bollywood Dance display:11.30pm, 12.30pm and 2pm
* Join a Indian Kathak dance workshop at 10.45am and 3.15pm with Eve Zandi
* Watch a Kathak dance performance 2.30pm
Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage CIC is a community arts and heritage organisation based in Brighton, working across Sussex.