Exploring Oral History – An Online Introduction to Theory, Best Practice and Developing a Project
A four-week online oral history course. Dates to be confirmed.
- Workshop One: What is Oral History? Theory and Method
- Workshop Two: Ethical concerns: informed consent, research responsibility and legal requirements
- Workshop Three: Oral history interviewing and best practice
- Workshop Four: Transcriptions, partial transcriptions, summaries and creating an archive
Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage will be providing support to course participants between each weekly workshop.
Lots of ideas to go away and research – good to meet others and share experiences and ideas. I feel more confident to go away and plan some reminiscence activities. I have more insight into the benefits and what’s involved.
– Course participant
We are also happy to offer post course help and consultancy as an extra to this training. If so, please get in touch. We are happy to help with any of the following:
- Starting up an oral history project
- Advice on funding applications and equipment
- Oral history training
- Oral history editing
- School oral history projects
- Making personal or family recordings