Two Day Reminiscence Training Course – Brighton
This two day training course based at Strike a Light’s studio in Brighton takes place on 17th & 18th June 2020 (10am-4pm).
It offers an overview of reminiscence work, including the background to the subject and will consider the benefits to be derived by both the people who reminisce and those who listen. We will explore a wide variety of reminiscence activities, which can be used to trigger personal memories and help a group to work well together.
By the end of the course, participants will have gained insight into what reminiscence is as a structured activity, and how it can be successfully and productively carried out.
The training days will offer a more expanded exploration of reminiscence work. It will include a detailed background to the subject and consider the benefits to be derived by both the people who reminisce and those who listen.
We will explore a wide variety of reminiscence activities, which can be used to trigger personal memories and help a group to work well together.
A free training pack with resources for each participant is provided as part of the course.
Benefits of reminiscence
- Stimulates social interaction and communication
- Reduces the feeling of isolation
- Shares and captures family and local history
- Increases feeling of self-worth
- Helps keep the mind stimulated
- Allows participants to reflect on past and present
- An enjoyable experience
- Builds confidence
- Generates community and support
Participant learning outcomes
- Share ideas with training group
- Use resources, photos and artefacts in reminiscence delivery
- Increased confidence in delivery of activities
- Group working skills
- Awareness of the effects of dementia
Course fees: Two day training (per person): £195 organisation rate / £165 Individuals