Through our training sessions, we enable you and your staff, freelancers or volunteers, to share life stories and experiences, whilst exploring heritage and local history through creativity.
‘Fantastic resources and ideas. The course content was extremely useful – practical, NOT just theory!’Reminiscence Training course participant
If you work with older people and would like to learn how to provide them with our reminiscence and activity sessions, Strike a Light offer bespoke training courses for groups, staff and volunteers throughout the year.
We are also happy to provide tailor made training specifically for your groups in a location of your choice.
- Training sessions available:
- Reminiscence Training – 1 & 2 day programmes
- Dementia Awareness Training
- Object Handling for Reminiscence Work
- Oral History Training – 1 & 2 day programmes
- Remembering Together: A Life History Book Course
I found it very valuableOral History course participant
Our courses are suitable for everyone but also:
- Artists and Facilitators working mainly with older people
- Activity co-ordinators and care staff at homes and day centres
- Carers/family members needing guidance on providing activities for loved ones
- Anyone wishing to learn more about the role of creative reminiscence in supporting older people
- Participants wanting to make a bespoke creative present for friends and family
- Social Care workers engaging with volunteer training
- Participants wanting to improve their lives through a creative medium
‘Nothing I would add, change or take away! I’d easily do another day. It was very engaging.‘Reminiscence Course participant
‘The course brought together a whole range of info about planning, group dynamics, resources, techniques for evaluation and final products’Course participant