Strike a Light is engaging with community groups across the city to promote the project, research this period of history and gather information, meeting with key WWI projects including Gateways to the First World War and East Sussex in WWI.
We are setting up free creative and heritage activities with groups such as the Black and Minority Ethnic Elders, alongside Indian themed activities with artist Jane Lyster, setting up public talks with Co-Artistic Director Ajay Chhabra of Nutkhut, and attend Dhavinder Dhillon’s plaque unveiling, which honours Subedar Mir Dast, a Indian soldier who received the Victoria Cross, at the Indian Gate by the Royal Pavilion.
Events are being planned currently, so do follow our blog for further updates.
Dr Blighty outreach workshop dates with Strike a Light – Brighton and Hove
- Brighton and Hove Hindu Women’s Group – Wednesday 20thApril (2pm)
- Memories Past Group – Tuesday 3rd May (2pm)
- BME Elders session – Thursday 5th May 12pm.
- Metamorphosis Art Group – Friday 6th May (2- 3pm)
- Gujurati Cultural Group – Tuesday 10th May (8.30pm).
- Brighton and Hove U3A session (with Jo Palache of Brighton Museum) – Wednesday 11th May (2.30pm). Venue: Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street, Brighton, open to all
Diya making Artists workshops
- Brighton and Hove Hindu Women’s Group – Wednesday 27th April (2pm).
- Jewish Care dementia session – Thursday 5th May (3-5pm).
- BME Elders session – Thursday 12th May (12pm).
- Brighton and Hove U3A session – Thursday 12th May (3pm).
- Metamorphosis Art Group – Friday 13th May (2-4pm), Mezzanine bar, The Dome
- Going to see Culture Together (from Fabrica gallery) – Tuesday 24th May (11-1pm)
To find out more, and how to participate at sessions free of charge, please contact Strike a Light by email: email@example.com or call 07727 006538