Community Works – Mentoring
Our Creative Director Nicola took part in a short film for Brighton charity Community Works recently about their mentoring scheme.
If you’re interested in either being mentored or mentoring in 2018, we heartily recommend the project.
You can watch it here!
We are pleased to have been commissioned by St Peters- Preston Park to deliver a series of six free creative workshops at the church and in their grounds between May-September 2018.
See more about this project here: https://strikealight.org/projects/st-peters-preston-park-workshop-dates/
The workshops are a key part of the HLF-funded Project Restoring the Chancel: Highlighting the 20th Century History of St Peter’s, Preston Park to engage local people around St Peter’s to:
- Visit the church for the first time.
- See the church as an enjoyable place to spend time.
- Look afresh at the church and particularly the stencilling in the chancel.
- Find out more about St Peter’s and the history of the surrounding Preston Village area.
- Find out more about the practice and history of the art of stencilling.
We’ll be delivering free creative families drop-in workshops (printing, mosaic, brass rubbing, and stained glass making) at St Peter’s on the following dates: 31st May, 24th June (Preston Village Day), 14th July, 31st July, 16th Aug, 8th September. Each workshop will run from 11-4pm.
All the event dates and further information are over on our Facebook page so you can pop them in your diary. Come join us!