We’ll have a stall at this event next month. Come along and join us!
The inspiring international project “Remembering Yesterday, Caring Today” (RYCT) celebrates its 20th year of delivering Reminiscence in Dementia Care at a conference in Greenwich, London on 16th & 17th November 2017.
This tried and tested project has demonstrated across 16 countries a unique and creative way to bring together, as equals, people with dementia and their carers to share memories and celebrate long-term relationships.
This conference, hosted by the University of Greenwich and the European Reminiscence Network, will include presentations from guest speakers from many countries, workshops, performances, exhibitions, and reflections from participating families and the project’s graduate apprentices.
This conference aims to:
• Reflect on the work of the European Reminiscence Network to date
• Re-position reminiscence from an optional activity to a central platform in person-centred and relationship-centred dementia care
• See creative reminiscence in the broader context of the arts and dementia
• Plan for a positive future in which families can live well with dementia.
Who should attend the conference?
• Voluntary organizations
• Arts organisations and freelance arts workers
• Health and social care staff
• Care commissioners and service providers
• Cultural organisations
• Students and researchers
• Anyone interested in positive dementia care and living well with dementia
What is on offer?
Thursday 16th November – 10.00 to 18.00
University of Greenwich, Queen Anne Court, Room 063, Maritime Campus, SE10
Friday 17th November – 10.00 to 17.00
University of Greenwich at The Old Baths, Bathway, Woolwich, London SE18 6QX