Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage is a community interest company.
We focus on creatively exploring people’s life stories and local memories through projects with diverse outcomes.
We do this through funded activities, exhibitions, books, reminiscence and oral history, heritage, arts and crafts, and more strategically with: Audience development, evaluation, learning plans and schools’ engagement. We offer training, consultancy, partnerships, and studio space.
We deliver projects, activities and support for venues, arts organisations, archives, educational settings and local authorities, engaging groups including older people, intergenerational participants, children, and clients in creative and heritage activities.
Based in Brighton, Strike a Light works with and for the wider community across Sussex.
As a skilled and professional organisation with a team of independent associates, we offer a varied team with the experience to meet your requirements. We deliver projects, activities and support for heritage venues, arts organisations, archives, educational settings and local authorities.
Got an idea?
- Would you like your community to feel a proud sense of ownership to their locality?
- Does your community have spaces that need work, improvement and renovation?
- Would you like to create a locally based project combining creative arts, reminiscence, heritage or environmental themes.
- Would you like a creative project in your area to create colourful, safe community spaces?
- Would you like staff training in any of the above?
Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage can help your community to:
- Transform local areas, estates and community centres
- Create ownership for residents and the local community
- Improve local community relations
- Revitalise your area or home
- Pass on creative skills and education
Strike a Light – Art & Heritage is trained in working with schools and other educational groups and has (£10 million) Public Liability Insurance, Health and Safety certification and can help to:
- Improve school grounds, entrance ways, walls and playgrounds
- Create a sense of ownership for all learners regardless of academic ability
- Improve language, perspective and artistic confidence
- Gain confidence in life-long skills
- Improve Key Stage and cross curricular learning
- Pass on skills to teachers for sustainability
Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage have access to qualified and experienced Project Managers, freelancers and artists who can facilitate small and large scale creative projects.
- Consultation, concept, design and planning
- Fundraising support and advice
- Research and preparation
- Provision of all educational and creative training
- Risk assessments and Health and Safety
- Quality installation
Please contact Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage through our Contacts page to find out more!