Strike a Light is an arts and heritage community interest company. We use people’s life stories and memories and make art to transform public and private spaces. Strike a Light aims to work with and for the arts and heritage community in the South East.
As a skilled and professional organisation with a team of independent associates, we offer a varied team with the experience to meet your requirements. We deliver projects, activities and support for heritage venues, arts organisations, archives, educational settings and local authorities.
We do this through funded activities, reminiscence and oral history, hidden heritage, mosaic and crafts as well as more strategically with: Audience development planning, access, audience development, evaluations, learning plans and schools engagement.
Got an idea?
- Would you like your community to feel a proud sense of ownership to their locality?
- Does your community have spaces that need work, improvement and renovation?
- Would you like to create a locally based project combining creative arts, reminiscence, heritage or environmental themes.
- Would you like a mosaic mural in your area to create colourful, safe community spaces?
- Or are you looking for a bespoke commission to transform your home and garden?
Strike a Light can help your community to:
- Transform local areas, estates and community centres
- Create ownership for residents and the local community
- Improve local community relations
- Revitalise your area or home
- Pass on creative skills and education
Education: Strike a Light is trained in working with schools and other educational groups and has (£10 million) Public Liability Insurance, Health and Safety certification and can help your school or group to:
- Improve school grounds, entranceways, walls and playgrounds
- Create a sense of ownership for all learners regardless of academic ability
- Improve language, perspective and artistic confidence
- Gain confidence in life-long skills
- Improve Key Stage and cross curricular learning
- Pass on skills to teachers for sustainability
Strike a Light have access to qualified and experienced Project Managers, freelancers and artists who can facilitate small and large scale creative projects.
- Consultation, concept, design and planning
- Fundraising support and advice
- Research and preparation
- Provision of all educational and creative training
- Risk assessments and Health and Safety
- Quality art work installation
Please contact Strike a Light on 07727006538 / firstname.lastname@example.org or see our Contacts page if you have a project in mind or would just like to discuss project costings, activities or murals.