Drop in activities, no need to book!
10am-4pm Friday 28th October
Come along and join in the Diwali festival of light celebration fun over Brighton and Hove half term week with free workshops – artists, food, Kathak and Bollywood dance and more.
Diwali is a Hindu festival with lights, held in the period from October to November.
It is particularly associated with Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity, and marks the beginning of the financial year in India.
Free workshops and activities run by professional artists include:
* Make colourful Kandil lanterns
* Make clay diya lights
* Create Diwali character puppets
* Listen to Indian music
* Watch a Bollywood Dance display:11.30pm, 12.30pm and 2pm
* Join a Indian Kathak dance workshop at 10.45am and 3.15pm with Eve Zandi
* Watch a Kathak dance performance 2.30pm
Other activities include :
Our Brighton and Hove based organisation Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage (www.strikealight.org) is pleased to be delivering these activities on behalf of the company Nukhut as part of the celebrated Dr Blighty project exploring Indian soldiers in Brighton during WWI.